Zodiac Signs November 1944 Birthstone
November Birthstones Astrology
- The November Birthstones are the Topaz and Citrine. Topaz(particularly, yellow) symbolizes friendship, love and affection. It is believed to give the wearer increased strength and intellect. Topaz is called the traditional birthstone of November. Lemon quartz(Citrine) secondary birthstone for November.
November Zodiac Signs
- Month of November Zodiac Signs are Scorpio(until November 21) and Sagittarius(November 22 onwards).
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) Scorpio by nature like to take action instead of thinking things through in great lengths. They tend to be ambitious, bold, courageous, and self confident. Scorpio have a clear vision for their desires in life. Going after those goals feel liberating to them. Cool headedness helps Scorpio to achieve their desires.
Scorpio are compatible with: Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer and Virgo.
- Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21) Theoretical thinkin is like honey to those people. Born as Sagittarius you will have a tendency to philosophize. Honesty and a strong sense of justice are some of the positive qualities of Sagittarius. Focus and energy are things they give to work and family life.
Sagittarius are compatible with: Aquarius, Libra, Aries and Leo.
November Birth Flowers
- Birth flower Chrysanthemum, which stands for cheerfulness and love, is associated with the month of November. According to Feng Shui, Chrysanthemums brings happiness and laughter in the house.
- Compassion, Friendship and Joy. November Birth Flower Chrysanthemum can have different meanings. Red is for Love, White means innocence, and Yellow denotes unrequited love.
Historical Events for November, 1944
- 1st » World War II: Units of the British Army land at Walcheren in the Netherlands.
- 3rd » World War II: Two supreme commanders of the Slovak National Uprising, Generals Ján Golian and Rudolf Viest are captured, tortured and later executed by German forces.
- 4th » World War II: Bitola Liberation Day
- 6th » Plutonium is first produced at the Hanford Site e.g Hanford Atomic Facility and subsequently used in the 'Fat Man' atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.
- 7th » A Rail transport in Puerto Rico Tragedy on election day in 1944 named passenger train derails in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico from excessive speed when descending a hill. 16 people are killed and 50 are injured.
- 7th » Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- 7th » Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
- 10th » The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood AE-11 6 explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus Island Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.
- 12th » World War II: The Royal Air Force launches 29 Avro Lancaster bombers, which sink the German battleship 'German battleship Tirpitz named Tirpitz', with 12,000 lb Tallboy bombs off Tromsø, Norway.
- 16th » World War II: Operation Queen, the costly Allied thrust to the Rur, is launched.
- 16th » World War II: Dueren, Germany, is destroyed by Allies of World War II known as Allied bombers.
- 18th » The Popular Socialist Youth is founded in Cuba.
- 19th » World War II: President of the United States e.g U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces the 6th War Loan Drive, aimed at selling United States dollar known as US$14 billion in war bonds to help pay for the war effort.
- 19th » World War II: Thirty members of the German occupation of Luxembourg in World War II The Resistance named Luxembourgish resistance defend the town of Vianden against a larger Waffen-SS attack in the Battle of Vianden.
- 24th » World War II: Bombing of Tokyo in World War II called Bombing of Tokyo The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
- 26th » World War II: Nazi Germany Germany begins V-1 (flying bomb) V-1 and V-2 rocket V-2 attacks on Antwerp, Belgium.
- 27th » World War II: RAF Fauld explosion An explosion at a Royal Air Force ammunition dump in Staffordshire kills seventy people.
- 29th » The first surgery (on a human) to correct Blue Baby Syndrome e.g blue baby syndrome is performed by Alfred Blalock and Vivien Thomas.
- 29th » World War II: Liberation Day (Albania) called Albania is liberated by Albanian resistance during World War II named partisan forces.
Famous Birthdays on November in 1944
- 1st » Kinky Friedman, American singer-songwriter and author
- 1st » Bobby Heenan, American wrestling manager and sportscaster
- 1st » Oscar Temaru, French-Polynesian politician, President of French Polynesia
- 2nd » Michael Buffer, American ring announcer
- 2nd » Patrice Chéreau, French actor, director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- 3rd » Jan Boerstoel, Dutch poet and songwriter
- 4th » Linda Gary, American voice actress (d. 1995)
- 4th » Scherrie Payne, American singer (The Supremes)
- 7th » Waljinah, Indonesian singer
- 7th » Luigi Riva, Italian footballer and manager
- 7th » Peter Wilby, English journalist
- 8th » Bonnie Bramlett, American singer and actress (Delaney & Bonnie)
- 9th » Phil May (singer) called Phil May, English singer-songwriter (The Pretty Things)
- 10th » Askar Akayev, Kyrgyzstani economist and politician, 1st President of Kyrgyzstan
- 10th » Mark E. Neely, Jr., American historian, author, and academic
- 10th » Silvestre Reyes, American sergeant and politician
- 10th » Tim Rice, English songwriter
- 11th » Jennifer Bate, English organist
- 11th » Chris Smither, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 11th » Kemal Sunal, Turkish actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2000)
- 12th » Al Michaels, American sportscaster
- 12th » Jennifer Page, English businesswoman
- 13th » Timmy Thomas, American singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer
- 14th » Karen Armstrong, English author and academic
- 14th » David Nash (artist) e.g David Nash, English sculptor and academic
- 16th » Oliver Braddick, English psychologist and academic
- 17th » Jim Boeheim, American basketball player and coach
- 17th » Malcolm Bruce, Scottish politician
- 17th » Gene Clark, American singer-songwriter (The Byrds, The New Christy Minstrels, and Dillard & Clark) (d. 1991)
- 17th » Danny DeVito, American actor, director, and producer
- 17th » Rem Koolhaas, Dutch architect, designed the Seattle Central Library
- 17th » Lorne Michaels, Canadian-American screenwriter and producer, created 'Saturday Night Live'
- 17th » Tom Seaver, American baseball player and sportscaster
- 18th » Wolfgang Joop, German fashion designer, founded JOOP!
- 19th » Agnes Baltsa, Greek soprano and actress
- 19th » Dennis Hull, Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- 20th » Louie Dampier, American basketball player and coach
- 20th » Mike Vernon (record producer) called Mike Vernon, English record producer, founded Blue Horizon
- 21st » Dick Durbin, American lawyer and politician
- 21st » Earl Monroe, American basketball player
- 21st » Harold Ramis, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- 23rd » Joe Eszterhas, Hungarian-American screenwriter and producer
- 23rd » James Toback, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 23rd » Peter Lindbergh, German photographer and filmmaker
- 24th » Candy Darling, American model and actress (d. 1974)
- 24th » Ibrahim Gambari, Nigerian academic and diplomat, 9th Minister of Foreign Affairs (Nigeria) e.g Foreign Minister of Nigeria
- 24th » Dan Glickman, American businessman and politician, 26th United States Secretary of Agriculture
- 25th » Bev Bevan, English drummer (The Move, Electric Light Orchestra, and ELO Part II)
- 25th » Ben Stein, American actor, lawyer, and author
- 26th » Jean Terrell, American singer (The Supremes)
- 26th » Joyce Quin, Baroness Quin, English academic and politician, Minister of State for Europe
- 27th » Neddy Smith, Australian criminal
- 28th » Rita Mae Brown, American author, poet, and screenwriter
- 28th » R. B. Greaves, Guyanese-American singer-songwriter (d. 2012)
- 28th » Timothy Krajcir, American serial killer
- 29th » Twink (musician) Twink, English singer-songwriter, drummer, and actor (The Pretty Things, Pink Fairies, Tomorrow (band) Tomorrow and Stars (British band) Stars)
- 30th » George Graham (footballer) known as George Graham, Scottish footballer and manager
- 30th » Dian Parkinson, American model, Miss District of Columbia USA called Miss District of Columbia USA 1965
Famous Deaths for November 1944
- 2nd » Thomas Midgley, Jr., American chemist and engineer (b. 1889)
- 7th » Richard Sorge, Azerbaijani-German journalist and spy (b. 1895)
- 7th » Hannah Szenes, Hungarian-Israeli soldier and poet (b. 1921)
- 8th » Walter Nowotny, Austrian-German soldier and pilot (b. 1920)
- 9th » Frank Marshall (chess player) or Frank Marshall, American chess player (b. 1877)
- 14th » Carl Flesch, Hungarian violinist and educator (b. 1873)
- 14th » Trafford Leigh-Mallory, English air marshal (b. 1892)
- 22nd » Arthur Eddington, English astrophysicist and astronomer (b. 1882)
- 25th » Kenesaw Mountain Landis, American lawyer and judge (b. 1866)
- 27th » Leonid Mandelstam, Russian physicist (b. 1879)
- 30th » Paul Masson (cyclist) called Paul Masson, French cyclist (b. 1876)
Year 1944 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of November Star Signs.
Year 1944 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month