What Happened In January 1822 In History
Historical Events for January, 1822
- 1st » The Greek Constitution of 1822 is adopted by the First National Assembly at Epidaurus.
- 9th » The Portuguese prince Pedro I of Brazil decides to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portuguese King João VI of Portugal known as João VI, beginning the Brazilian independence process.
- 13th » The design of the Flag of Greece or Greek flag is adopted by the First National Assembly at Epidaurus.
- 14th » Greek War of Independence: Acrocorinth is captured by Theodoros Kolokotronis and Demetrios Ypsilantis.
- 15th » Greek War of Independence: Demetrios Ypsilantis is elected president of the legislative assembly.
Famous Birthdays on January in 1822
- 2nd » Rudolf Clausius, German physicist (d. 1888)
- 6th » Heinrich Schliemann, German archaeologist (d. 1890)
- 9th » Carol Benesch, Czech-Romanian architect, designed the Peleș Castle (d. 1896)
- 12th » Étienne Lenoir, French engineer, designed the internal combustion engine (d. 1900)
- 25th » Charles Reed Bishop, American businessman, philanthropist, and politician, founded the Bishop Museum (d. 1915)
- 25th » William McDougall (politician) e.g William McDougall, Canadian lawyer and politician, List of lieutenant governors of the Northwest Territories or Lieutenant Governor of the Northwest Territories (d. 1905)
- 28th » Alexander Mackenzie, Canadian politician, 2nd Prime Minister of Canada (d. 1892)
- 30th » Franz Ritter von Hauer, Austrian geologist (d. 1899)
Year 1822 events in history for the month of January
Historical events for the year 1822 by month