What Happened In December 1845 In History
Historical Events for December, 1845
- 2nd » Manifest Destiny: In a State of the Union address named State of the Union message, U.S. President James K. Polk proposes that the United States should aggressively expand into the West.
- 27th » Diethyl ether known as Ether anesthetic is used for childbirth for the first time by Dr. Crawford Long in Jefferson, Georgia.
- 29th » In accordance with International Boundary delimitation, United States annexes the Republic of Texas, following the manifest destiny doctrine. The Republic of Texas, which had been independent since the Texas Revolution of 1836, is thereupon admitted as
Famous Birthdays on December in 1845
- 9th » Joel Chandler Harris, American journalist and author (d. 1908)
- 12th » Bruce Price, American architect, designed the American Surety Building and Bank of the Metropolis (d. 1903)
- 24th » George I of Greece (d. 1913)
Famous Deaths for December 1845
- 3rd » Gregor MacGregor, Scottish soldier and explorer (b. 1786)
Year 1845 events in history for the month of December
Historical events for the year 1845 by month