What Happened In October 1845 In History
Historical Events for October, 1845
- 9th » The eminent and controversial Anglicanism known as Anglican, John Henry Newman, is received into the Roman Catholic Church.
- 10th » In Annapolis, Maryland, the Naval School (later renamed the United States Naval Academy) opens with 50 midshipman students and seven professors.
- 13th » A majority of voters in the Republic of Texas approve a proposed constitution that, if accepted by the Congress of the United States known as U.S. Congress, will make Texas a U.S. state.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1845
- 8th » Salomon Kalischer, German pianist, composer, and physicist (d. 1924)
- 21st » Will Carleton, American poet (d. 1912)
- 28th » Zygmunt Florenty Wróblewski, Polish physicist and chemist (d. 1888)
Famous Deaths for October 1845
- 12th » Elizabeth Fry, English social reformer and philanthropist (b. 1780)
Year 1845 events in history for the month of October
Historical events for the year 1845 by month