What Happened In July 1892 In History
Historical Events for July, 1892
- 4th » Western Samoa changes the International Date Line, so that year it had 367 days, with two occurrences of Monday, July 4.
- 6th » Dadabhai Naoroji is elected as the first Indian British House of Commons or Member of Parliament in Britain.
- 6th » Three thousand eight hundred strike action e.g striking steelworkers engage in a day-long battle with Pinkerton National Detective Agency or Pinkerton agents during the Homestead Strike, leaving ten dead and dozens wounded.
- 7th » Katipunan: the Revolutionary Philippine Brotherhood is established, contributing to the fall of the Spanish Empire in Asia.
Famous Birthdays on July in 1892
- 1st » James M. Cain, American author and journalist (d. 1977)
- 6th » Will James (artist) or Will James, American author and illustrator (d. 1942)
- 8th » Richard Aldington, English author and poet (d. 1962)
- 8th » Pavel Korin, Russian painter (d. 1967)
- 11th » Thomas Mitchell (actor) called Thomas Mitchell, American actor, singer, and screenwriter (d. 1962)
- 12th » Bruno Schulz, Ukrainian-Polish author and painter (d. 1942)
- 13th » Léo-Pol Morin, Canadian pianist, composer, and educator (d. 1941)
- 13th » Jonni Myyrä, Finnish javelin thrower (d. 1955)
- 13th » Kesarbai Kerkar, Indian singer (d. 1977)
- 15th » Walter Benjamin, German philosopher and critic (d. 1940)
- 18th » Arthur Friedenreich, Brazilian footballer (d. 1969)
- 19th » Dick Irvin, Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1957)
- 22nd » Jack MacBryan, English cricketer and field hockey player (d. 1983)
- 22nd » Hjalmar Väre, Finnish cyclist (d. 1952)
- 23rd » Haile Selassie I, Ethiopian emperor (d. 1975)
- 26th » Sad Sam Jones, American baseball player and manager (d. 1966)
- 28th » K. Kanagaratnam, Sri Lankan civil servant and politician (d. 1952)
- 29th » William Powell, American actor and singer (d. 1984)
- 31st » Herbert W. Armstrong, American evangelist and publisher, founded Worldwide Church of God (d. 1986)
- 31st » Joseph Charbonneau, Canadian archbishop (d. 1959)
Famous Deaths for July 1892
- 12th » Alexander Cartwright, American firefighter, invented baseball (b. 1820)
- 18th » Thomas Cook, English travel agent, founded the Thomas Cook Group (b. 1808)
Year 1892 events in history for the month of July
Historical events for the year 1892 by month