What Happened In September 1895 In History
Historical Events for September, 1895
- 3rd » John Brallier becomes the first openly professional American football player, when he was paid US$10 by Dave Berry (American football) or David Berry, to play for the Latrobe Athletic Association in a 12-0 win over the Jeanette Athletic Association.
- 7th » The first game of what would become known as Rugby league e.g rugby league football is played, in England, starting the 1895–96 Northern Rugby Football Union season.
- 18th » Booker T. Washington delivers the "Atlanta compromise" address.
- 18th » Daniel David Palmer gives the first chiropractic adjustment.
- 30th » Madagascar becomes a French protectorate.
Famous Birthdays on September in 1895
- 1st » Chembai, Indian singer (d. 1974)
- 1st » Engelbert Zaschka, German engineer and designer, invented the Human-powered aircraft (d. 1955)
- 7th » Jacques Vaché, French author and poet (d. 1919)
- 8th » Sara García, Mexican actress (d. 1980)
- 10th » Viswanatha Satyanarayana, Indian poet and author (d. 1976)
- 11th » Vinoba Bhave, Indian philosopher and activist (d. 1982)
- 11th » Nur Ali Elahi, Iranian jurist and philosopher (d. 1974)
- 12th » Freymóður Jóhannsson, Icelandic painter and composer (d. 1973)
- 13th » Morris Kirksey, American rugby player and sprinter (d. 1981)
- 15th » Chic Harley, American football player (d. 1974)
- 15th » Magda Lupescu, Romanian wife of Carol II of Romania (d. 1977)
- 16th » Zainal Abidin Ahmad (writer) e.g Zainal Abidin Ahmad, Malaysian author and scholar (d. 1973)
- 17th » Georg Faehlmann, Russian-Estonian sailor (d. 1975)
- 18th » John Diefenbaker, Canadian lawyer and politician, 13th Prime Minister of Canada (d. 1979)
- 18th » Walter Koch (astrologer) called Walter Koch, German astrologer and author (d. 1970)
- 18th » Tomoji Tanabe, Japanese super-centenarian (d. 2009)
- 22nd » Paul Muni, Ukrainian-American actor and singer (d. 1967)
- 23rd » Miron Merzhanov, Russian architect and engineer (d. 1975)
- 23rd » Johnny Mokan, American baseball player (d. 1985)
- 24th » André Frédéric Cournand, French physician and physiologist, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine or Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1988)
- 26th » Jürgen Stroop, German SS officer (d. 1952)
- 27th » Woolf Barnato, English race car driver and financier (d. 1948)
- 29th » Clarence Ashley, American banjo player and singer (d. 1967)
- 29th » Joseph Banks Rhine, American botanist and parapsychologist (d. 1980)
- 29th » Roscoe Turner, American pilot (d. 1970)
- 30th » Lewis Milestone, Moldovan-American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1980)
Famous Deaths for September 1895
- 28th » Louis Pasteur, French chemist and microbiologist (b. 1822)
Year 1895 events in history for the month of September
Historical events for the year 1895 by month