What Happened On 9th September 1791 In History
September 9th (1791) was a Friday. It's the 251st day of the year (252nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 114 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 9th September, 1791
- » Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States, is named after President George Washington.
September 9th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints known as feast day:
- » Charles Lowder (Calendar of saints (Church of England) called Church of England)
- » Ciarán of Clonmacnoise
- » Peter Claver
- » Synaxis of Ss. Joachim and Saint Anne or Anna, an Afterfeast. (Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches)
- » September 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Chrysanthemum Day or 'Kiku no Sekku' (Japanese calendar National holidays known as Japan)
- » Remembrance days in Slovakia or Day of the Victims of Holocaust and of Racial Violence (Slovakia)
- » Festivity of Our Lady of Sanctuary of Arantzazu e.g Arantzazu (Oñati)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Tajikistan from USSR in 1991.