What Happened On 4th January 1798 In History
January 4th (1798) was a Thursday. It's the 3rd day of the year (4th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 362 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 4th January, 1798
- » Constantine Hangerli arrives in Bucharest, Wallachia, as its new Prince of Wallachia called Prince, invested by the Ottoman Empire.
January 4th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints named Feast Day:
- » Elizabeth Ann Seton
- » January 4 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Angola e.g Day of the Fallen against the Colonial Repression (Angola)
- » Public holidays in the Democratic Republic of the Congo known as Day of the Martyrs (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- » Independence Day (Burma) e.g Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Burma from the United Kingdom in 1948.
- » Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People named Ogoni Day (Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People)