What Happened On 5th July 1809 In History
July 5th (1809) was a Wednesday. It's the 186th day of the year (187th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 179 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 5th July, 1809
- » The Battle of Wagram is fought.
July 5th Holidays in History
- » 1934 West Coast waterfront strike known as Bloody Thursday (International Longshore and Warehouse Union)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Anthony Maria Zaccaria, priest (d. 1539)
- » Zoe of Rome (Roman Catholic Church)
- » July 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » X-Day (Church of the SubGenius) named X-Day (Church of the SubGenius)
- » Constitution Day (Armenia)
- » Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Algeria from France in 1962.
- » Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Cape Verde from Portugal in 1975.
- » Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Venezuela from Spain in 1811.
- » Saints Cyril and Methodius e.g Saints Cyril and Methodius Day (Czech Republic, Slovakia)
- » Tynwald Day, if July 5 is on a weekend, the holiday is the following Monday. (Isle of Man)
- » Emancipation Day, celebrating the emancipation of enslaved Africans in New York City in 1827.
Year 1809 historical events for the month of July