What Happened On 6th July 1809 In History
July 6th (1809) was a Thursday. It's the 187th day of the year (188th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 178 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 6th July, 1809
- » The second day of the Battle of Wagram; France defeats the Austrian army in the largest battle to date of the Napoleonic Wars.
July 6th Famous Deaths for 1809
- » Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle, French general (b. 1775)
July 6th Holidays in History
- » Birthday of the 14th Dalai Lama (Tibetan diaspora)
- » Christian Calendar of Saints e.g Feast Day:
- » Maria Goretti
- » Romulus of Fiesole
- » July 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Constitution Day (Cayman Islands)
- » Public holidays in Kazakhstan Public holidays named Day of the Capital, established in 2008. (Kazakhstan)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of the Comoros from France in 1975.
- » Independence Day/Republic Day, celebrates the independence of Malawi from United Kingdom in 1964.
- » Public holidays in the Czech Republic e.g Jan Hus Day (Czech Republic)
- » Statehood Day (Lithuania)
- » The earliest date for summer solstice in Julian calendar system, which corresponds to June 23:
- » The first night of Ivan Kupala Day (Poland, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine)
- » The first day of Ludi Apollinares (Roman Empire)
Year 1809 historical events for the month of July