What Happened On 23rd May 1873 In History
May 23rd (1873) was a Friday. It's the 143rd day of the year (144th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 222 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 23rd May, 1873
- » The Canada named Canadian Parliament establishes the North-West Mounted Police, the forerunner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
May 23rd Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints e.g Feast Day:
- » Julia of Corsica
- » Aaron the Illustrious (Syriac Orthodox Church)
- » Desiderius of Vienne
- » Quintian, Lucius and Julian
- » Nicholas Copernicus and Johannes Kepler (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » May 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Labour Day Jamaica e.g Labour Day (Jamaica)
- » World Turtle Day
Year 1873 historical events for the month of May