What Happened On 14th June 1949 In History
June 14th (1949) was a Tuesday. It's the 164th day of the year (165th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 201 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 14th June, 1949
- » Albert II, a rhesus monkey, rides a V2 rocket to an altitude of 134 km (83 mi), thereby becoming the first monkeys in space or monkey in space.
Famous Birthdays on June 14 in 1949
- » Jim Lea, English singer-songwriter, bass player, and producer (Slade)
- » Malcolm McMahon, English archbishop
- » Antony Sher, South African-English actor, director, and screenwriter
- » Harry Turtledove, American author
- » Alan White (Yes drummer) Alan White, English drummer (Yes (band) Yes, Plastic Ono Band, White (band) White, and Circa (band) Circa)
June 14th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Basil the Great, Doctor, Bishop of Caesaria, Cappadocia, CE 379 (commemoration, Anglicanism)
- » Cappadocian saints (Basil the Great, Gregory of Nazianzus, Gregory of Nyssa, Macrina the Younger named Macrina) (Lutheran)
- » Elisha (Roman Catholic and Lutheran)
- » Methodios I of Constantinople
- » Richard Baxter (Church of England)
- » Gilbert Keith Chesterton (Episcopal Church (United States) e.g The Episcopal Church)
- » June 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Flag Day (United States)
- » Liberation Day (Falkland Islands and South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands)
- » Public holidays in Estonia known as Mourning and Commemoration Day or 'Leinapäev' (Estonia)
- » Public holidays in Lithuania named Mourning and Hope Day in Lithuania.
Year 1949 historical events for the month of June