What Happened On 12th May 1949 In History
May 12th (1949) was a Thursday. It's the 132nd day of the year (133rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 233 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 12th May, 1949
- » The Soviet Union lifts its Berlin Blockade called blockade of Berlin.
- » The western Allied-occupied Germany occupying powers approve the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany Basic Law for the new Germany German state: The West Germany Federal Republic of Germany.
May 12th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Blessed Imelda
- » Joan, Princess of Portugal e.g Blessed Joan of Portugal
- » Crispoldus
- » Dominic de la Calzada
- » Epiphanius of Salamis
- » Gregory Dix (Church of England)
- » Saint Modoald named Modoald
- » Nereus, Achilleus, Domitilla, and Pancras
- » Patriarch Germanus I of Constantinople (Eastern Church)
- » Philip of Agira
- » May 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Flag days in Finland or Day of the Finnish Identity (Finland)
- » International Nurses Day
- » Chronic fatigue syndrome Awareness day e.g International Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day
Year 1949 historical events for the month of May