What Happened On 16th December 1999 In History
December 16th (1999) was a Thursday. It's the 350th day of the year (351st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 15 days left to the end of the year.
December 16th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Adelaide of Italy
- » Ralph Adams Cram, Richard Upjohn and John LaFarge (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » December 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » O Sapientia (Anglicanism)
- » Day of Reconciliation, formerly celebrated as Day of the Vow by the Afrikaners (South Africa)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Kazakhstan from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- » National Day, celebrates the withdrawal of United Kingdom from Bahrain, making Bahrain an independent emirate in 1971. However December 16 is only the date on which the state celebrates the event, while the actual day on which the independence of Bahrain
- » Public holidays in Thailand known as National Sports Day (Thailand)
- » The first day of 'Las Posadas' (Mexico, Latin America)
- » The first day of the 'Simbang Gabi' novena of Mass (liturgy) e.g masses (Philippines)
- » Victory Day (Bangladesh)