What Happened On 24th May 1999 In History
May 24th (1999) was a Monday. It's the 144th day of the year (145th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 221 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 24th May, 1999
- » The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands indicts Slobodan Milošević and four others for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Kosovo.
May 24th Holidays in History
- » Aldersgate Day/John Wesley named Wesley Day (Methodism)
- » Public holidays in Ecuador known as Battle of Pichincha Day (Ecuador)
- » Bermuda Day (Bermuda)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » David I of Scotland
- » Donatian and Rogatian
- » Jackson Kemper (Episcopal Church (USA) named Calendar of saints (Episcopal Church))
- » Joanna, wife of Chuza called Joanna
- » Saint Sarah named Sarah (celebrated by the Romani people of Camargue)
- » Vincent of Lérins
- » May 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Belize Holidays named Commonwealth Day (Belize)
- » Earliest day on which Baby jumping named El Colacho tradition can fall, while June 27 is the latest; celebrated on Sunday after Corpus Christi. (Castrillo de Murcia, near Burgos)
- » Independence Day (Eritrea) known as Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Eritrea from Ethiopia in 1993.
- » Lubiri e.g Lubiri Memorial Day (Buganda)
- » Saints Cyril and Methodius Saints Cyril and Methodius Day called Saints Cyril and Methodius Day (Eastern Orthodox Church) and its related observance:
- » Public holidays in Bulgaria named Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Literature Day (Bulgaria)
- » Victoria Day (Canada) called Victoria Day; celebrated on Monday on or before May 24. (Canada), and its related observance:
Year 1999 historical events for the month of May