What Happened On 29th May 1999 In History
May 29th (1999) was a Saturday. It's the 149th day of the year (150th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 216 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 29th May, 1999
- » Olusegun Obasanjo takes office as President of Nigeria, the first elected and civilian head of state in Nigeria after 16 years of military rule.
- » Space Shuttle Discovery completes the first docking with the International Space Station.
May 29th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints or Feast Day:
- » Bona of Pisa
- » Maximin of Trier
- » Pope Alexander of Alexandria (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Theodosia of Constantinople (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » May 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Democracy Day (Nigeria)
- » Earliest day on which Feast of the Sacred Heart can fall, while July 2 is the latest; celebrated 19 days after Pentecost. (Catholic Church)
- » International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers (International observance or International)
- » Oak Apple Day (England)
Year 1999 historical events for the month of May