What Happened On 31st October 1999 In History
October 31st (1999) was a Sunday. It's the 304th day of the year (305th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 61 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 31st October, 1999
- » Yachtsman Jesse Martin returns to Melbourne after 11 months of circumnavigation or circumnavigating the world, solo, non-stop and unassisted.
- » EgyptAir Flight 990 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean killing all 217 people on board.
October 31st Famous Deaths for 1999
- » Greg Moore (race car driver) known as Greg Moore, Canadian race car driver (b. 1975)
October 31st Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Abaidas (Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria known as Coptic Church)
- » St. Quentin called Quentin
- » Martin Luther (Anglican Communion)
- » Paul Shinji Sasaki and Philip Lindel Tsen (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Earliest day on which Public holidays in Finland e.g All Saints Day can fall, while November 6 is the latest; celebrated on Saturday between October 31 and November 6 (Finland, Sweden)
- » Eve of Winter, the eve of the first day of winter in the Northern hemisphere (see November 1):
- » Allantide (Cornwall)
- » Halloween (Republic of Ireland e.g Ireland, Canada, United Kingdom, United States and Halloween around the world called other places)
- » Samhain in the Northern Hemisphere, Beltane in the Southern Hemisphere; begins on sunset of October 31 (Gaelic calendar e.g Gaels, Welsh people and Neopagan Wheel of the Year)