What Happened On 9th October 1999 In History
October 9th (1999) was a Saturday. It's the 282nd day of the year (283rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 83 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 9th October, 1999
- » The last flight of the SR-71.
October 9th Famous Deaths for 1999
- » Milt Jackson, American vibraphone player and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (b. 1923)
- » Akhtar Hameed Khan, Pakistani social scientist and activist (b. 1914)
October 9th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints e.g Feast Day:
- » Denis
- » Dionysius the Areopagite
- » Saint Ghislain or Ghislain
- » John Henry Newman
- » John Leonardi
- » Louis Bertrand (saint) known as Luis Beltran
- » Robert Grosseteste(Anglican)
- » Wilfred Grenfell (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » October 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Hangul Day (South Korea)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Uganda from United Kingdom in 1962.
- » Public holidays in Ecuador called Independence of Guayaquil from Spain in 1820 (Guayaquil)
- » Leif Erikson Day (United States, Iceland and Norway)
- » National Day of Commemorating the Holocaust (Romania)
- » Takayama Festival e.g Takayama Autumn Festival (Takayama, Gifu or Takayama)