What Happened On 27th August 2009 In History
August 27th (2009) was a Thursday. It's the 239th day of the year (240th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 126 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 27th August, 2009
- » Internal conflict in Burma: The State Peace and Development Council called Burmese military junta and ethnic armies begin Kokang incident e.g three days of violent clashes in the Kokang Special Region.
August 27th Famous Deaths for 2009
- » Abdullah al-Asiri, Saudi Arabian terrorist (b. 1986)
- » Sergey Mikhalkov, Russian author and poet (b. 1913)
August 27th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints or feast day:
- » Baculus of Sorrento
- » Caesarius of Arles
- » Margaret the Barefooted
- » Saint Monica known as Saint Monica of Hippo, mother of Augustine of Hippo
- » Saint Phanourios named Phanourios of Rhodes
- » Rufus and Carpophorus
- » Thomas Gallaudet and Henry Winter Syle (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » August 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Moldova from the USSR in 1991.
- » Lyndon Baines Johnson Day (Texas)
Year 2009 historical events for the month of August