What Happened On 1st June 2009 In History
June 1st (2009) was a Monday. It's the 151st day of the year (152nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 214 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 1st June, 2009
- » Air France Flight 447 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Brazil on a flight from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. All 228 passengers and crew are killed.
- » General Motors General Motors Chapter 11 reorganization called files for Chapter 11, Title 11, United States Code e.g Chapter 11 bankruptcy. It is the fourth largest United States bankruptcy in history.
June 1st Famous Deaths for 2009
- » Thomas Berry, American priest and theologian (b. 1914)
June 1st Holidays in History
- » Public holidays in Portugal or Azores Day (Azores)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Annibale Maria di Francia
- » Crescentinus
- » Fortunatus of Spoleto
- » Íñigo of Oña
- » Justin Martyr (Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran)
- » Ronan of Locronan
- » June 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Mongolia named The Mothers and Children’s Day (Mongolia)
- » Fei Fei Day (Vancouver, British Columbia or Vancouver)
- » Madaraka Day (Kenya)
- » Arbor Day Cambodia called National Tree Planting Day (Cambodia)
- » Public holidays in Indonesia e.g Pancasila Day (Indonesia)
- » The first day of the Gawai Dayak festival (Sarawak)
Year 2009 historical events for the month of June