Zodiac Signs August 1813 Birthstone
August Birthstones Astrology
- The August Birthstones are the Peridot and Sardonyx. The peridot symbolizes strength. It is sometimes called the evening emerald for its light green color. It was once believed that the green peridot crystals found in volcanic ashes were the tears of the volcano goddess Pele. When set in gold, this gem was said to protect the wearer from nightmares. Peridot is called the traditional birthstone of August. Sardonyx is considered the secondary birthstone of August.
August Zodiac Signs
- Month of August Zodiac Signs are Leo(until August 22) and Virgo(from August 23 onwards).
- Leo (July 23 - August 21) Like the ruler of the jungle Leos are natural born leaders. Main qualities that make a great leader are being brave and headstrong. However Leos also can be loving and generous. To combine these qualities and finding balance is of great importance to Leos.
Leos are compatible with: other Leo as well as Libra, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Gemini.
- Virgo (August 22 - September 22) People born into the star sign Virgo are perfectionists. Having a goog memorie and great social instincts are big qualities of Virgo. Organization and planning comes very easy to Virgos. This is also the reason why working in teams as a project manager or even a normal team member feels like a great time to them.
Virgo are compatible with: other Virgos as well as Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
August Birth Flowers
- Month of August flower is the Gladiolus or Sword Lily. It blooms in a variety of colours like red, pink, white, yellow and orange. This birth flower stands for sincerity and symbolises strength of character. With Gladiolus, the recipient's heart is being pierced with love. The other August flower is the poppy. A red poppy signifies pleasure, a white poppy is given for consolation, and a yellow poppy wishes wealth and success.
- Strength, Moral Integrity, Remembrance and Infatuation. This long lasting August Birth Flower Gladiolus comes in a variety of colours.
Historical Events for August, 1813
- 11th » In Colombia, Juan del Corral declares the independence of Antioquia.
- 23rd » At the Battle of Grossbeeren, the Prussians under Friedrich Wilhelm Freiherr von Bülow known as Von Bülow repulse the France or French army.
- 26th » War of the Sixth Coalition: An Battle of Katzbach or impromptu battle takes place when French and Prussian-Russian forces accidentally run into each other near Liegnitz, Prussia (now Legnica, Poland).
- 27th » French Emperor Napoleon I defeats a larger force of Austrian Empire named Austrians, Russian Empire named Russians, and Prussians at the Battle of Dresden.
- 30th » First Battle of Kulm: French forces are defeated by an Austrian-Prussian-Russian alliance.
- 30th » Creek War: Fort Mims massacre: Creek people or Creek "Red Sticks" kill over 500 settlers (including over 250 armed militia) in Fort Mims, north of Mobile, Alabama.
- 31st » At the final stage of the Peninsular War, British-Portuguese troops capture the town of Donostia (now San Sebastián), resulting in a Siege of San Sebastián called rampage and eventual destruction of the town. Elsewhere, Spanish troops repel a French attac
Famous Birthdays on August in 1813
- 5th » Ivar Aasen, Norwegian poet and linguist (d. 1896)
- 15th » Jules Grévy, French politician, 4th President of the French Republic (d. 1891)
- 21st » Jean Stas, Belgian chemist and physician (d. 1891)
Famous Deaths for August 1813
- 11th » Henry James Pye, English poet and politician (b. 1745)
- 23rd » Alexander Wilson, Scottish-American poet, ornithologist, and illustrator (b. 1766)
- 26th » Theodor Körner (author) e.g Theodor Körner, German soldier and author (b. 1791)
Year 1813 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of August Star Signs.
Year 1813 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month