Zodiac Signs May 1991 Birthstone
May Birthstones Astrology
- The May Birthstone is the Emerald which is emblematic of love and success. The emerald used to be one of Cleopatra's favorite gems. Emerald is called the traditional birthstone of May. It has long been associated with fertility, rebirth, and love. Ancient Romans went so far as to dedicate this stone to Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. Today, it is thought that emeralds signify wisdom, growth, and patience. Chrysoprase is considered the secondary birthstone for the month of May.
May Zodiac Signs
- Month of May Zodiac Signs are Taurus(until May 20) and Gemini(May 21 onwards).
- Taurus (April 20 - May 19) The Taurus has great strength in physical and mental capacities. Maybe this is why stubbornness or being a stuborn bull is often associated with this star sign. Work wise being able to teac to others is one of their strengths, at least on some level due to the fact that they are sympathetic and loving.
Taurus is compatible with: Libra, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo and Pisces.
- Gemini (May 20 - June 20) Geminis tend to be very unpredictable. Be always ready for a surprise from them. Being creative and open can result in Geminis changing their behaviour rather frequently. People born under this star sign are very adaptable to new situations or life changes. Add to this the positive nature towards life that Gemini possess.
Gemini are compatible with: other Gemini, Leo, Libra and Aquarius.
May Birth Flowers
- Month of May is associated with the Lily of the valley flower. It is generally white in colour. The birth flower Lily conveys sweetness and humility. In the Victorian era, it was gifted to convey the romantic message: you have made my life complete. The other May flower is the hawthorn plant, which represents hope and supreme happiness. Hawthorne signifies that you want only the best for the recipient.
- Humility, Chastity and Sweetness. Sweetly scented and rare May Birth Flower Lily also signifies a return to happiness.
Historical Events for May, 1991
- 1st » Rickey Henderson of the Oakland Athletics steals his 939th base, making him the all-time leader in this category. However, his accomplishment is overshadowed later that evening by Nolan Ryan of the Texas Rangers (baseball) known as Texas Rangers, when he
- 5th » A 1991 Washington, D.C. riot e.g riot breaks out in the Mount Pleasant, Washington, D.C. called Mt. Pleasant section of Washington, D.C. after police shoot a Salvadoran man.
- 16th » Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom addresses a joint session of the United States Congress. She is the first British monarch to address the U.S. Congress.
- 18th » Northern Somalia declares independence from the rest of Somalia as the Republic of Somaliland but is not recognized by the international community.
- 19th » Croatians vote for independence in a Croatian independence referendum, 1991 or referendum.
- 21st » Former Indian Prime Minister of India e.g Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi is assassinated by a female suicide bomber near Chennai called Madras.
- 24th » Israel conducts Operation Solomon, evacuating Ethiopian Jews to Israel.
- 26th » Zviad Gamsakhurdia becomes the first elected President of Georgia called President of the Georgia (country) or Republic of Georgia in the post-Soviet era.
- 26th » Lauda Air Flight 004, a Boeing 767, crashes in an area of western Thailand after a thrust reverser malfunction. All 223 people aboard are killed.
Famous Birthdays on May in 1991
- 1st » Creagen Dow, American actor
- 1st » Abdisalam Ibrahim, Somalian-Norwegian footballer
- 1st » Bartosz Salamon, Polish footballer
- 2nd » Laurie Duncan, English actor
- 2nd » Jeong Jinwoon, South Korean actor and singer (2AM)
- 5th » Colin Edwards (footballer) e.g Colin Edwards, Guyanese footballer (d. 2013)
- 5th » Xenofon Fetsis, Greek footballer
- 5th » Raúl Jiménez, Mexican footballer
- 5th » Shubha Phutela, Indian model and actress (d. 2012)
- 6th » Valerio Frasca, Italian footballer
- 6th » Harriet Lee (swimmer) e.g Harriet Lee, English swimmer
- 8th » Ethan Gage, Canadian soccer player
- 8th » Anamaria Tămârjan, Romanian gymnast
- 9th » Christy Mack, American porn actress and model
- 9th » Stasia Rage, Latvian figure skater
- 10th » Giorgos Machlelis, Greek footballer
- 11th » Alex Nimely, Liberian-English footballer
- 13th » Francisco Lachowski, Brazilian model
- 15th » Mollee Gray, American actress, singer, and dancer
- 16th » Grigor Dimitrov, Bulgarian tennis player
- 16th » Ashley Wagner, American figure skater
- 17th » Johanna Konta, Australian-English tennis player
- 17th » Daniel Curtis Lee, American actor and rapper
- 17th » Adil Omar, Pakistani rapper, producer, and actor
- 19th » Jordan Pruitt, American singer-songwriter
- 20th » Mara Lopez, American-Filipino actress and surfer
- 20th » Henrik Ojamaa, Estonian footballer
- 21st » Sarah Ramos, American actress
- 22nd » Kyle Bartley, English footballer
- 22nd » José Higón, Spanish footballer
- 22nd » Joel Obi, Nigerian footballer
- 23rd » Lena Meyer-Landrut, German singer-songwriter
- 24th » Aled Davies (athlete) called Aled Davies, Welsh discus thrower
- 24th » Erika Umeda, Japanese singer (Cute (Japanese band) named Cute and ZYX)
- 25th » Jillian Wheeler, American singer-songwriter and actress
- 27th » Ksenia Pervak, Russian tennis player
- 29th » Kristen Alderson, American actress and singer
- 29th » Saori Hayami, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 29th » Tom Ljungman, Swedish actor
- 30th » Jonathan Fox (swimmer) or Jonathan Fox, English swimmer
- 31st » Azealia Banks, American rapper
Famous Deaths for May 1991
- 1st » Richard Thorpe, American director and screenwriter (b. 1896)
- 2nd » Ronald McKie, Australian author (b. 1909)
- 3rd » Jerzy Kosiński, Polish-American author (b. 1933)
- 4th » Mohammed Abdel Wahab, Egyptian singer-songwriter and mandolin player (b. 1907)
- 6th » Wilfrid Hyde-White, English-American actor and singer (b. 1903)
- 8th » Jean Langlais, French pianist and composer (b. 1907)
- 8th » Rudolf Serkin, Czech-Austrian pianist (b. 1903)
- 14th » Jiang Qing, Chinese actress, 1st First Lady of China (b. 1914)
- 15th » Andreas Floer, German mathematician and academic (b. 1956)
- 15th » Amadou Hampâté Bâ, Malian ethnologist (b. 1901)
- 15th » Ronald Lacey, English actor (b. 1935)
- 21st » Lino Brocka, Filipino director and screenwriter (b. 1939)
- 21st » Rajiv Gandhi, Indian politician, 6th Prime Minister of India (b. 1944)
- 22nd » Shripad Amrit Dange, Indian politician (b. 1899)
- 22nd » Stan Mortensen, English footballer and manager (b. 1921)
- 23rd » Wilhelm Kempff, German pianist and composer (b. 1895)
- 23rd » Jean Van Houtte, Belgian politician, 50th Prime Minister of Belgium (b. 1907)
- 24th » Gene Clark, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Byrds and Dillard & Clark) (b. 1944)
- 24th » Miriam di San Servolo, Italian actress (b. 1912)
- 27th » Leopold Nowak, Austrian musicologist (b. 1904)
Year 1991 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of May Star Signs.
Year 1991 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month