Zodiac Signs February 2006 Birthstone
February Birthstones Astrology
- The February Birthstone is the Amethyst. It symbolizes piety, humility, spiritual wisdom, and sincerity. At one point in time, only royalty could wear the gem. Amethyst is said to be associated with good luck, humor, and health. Amethyst is called the traditional birthstone of February. Onyx is considered the secondary birthstone of February.
February Zodiac Signs
- Month of February Zodiac Signs are Aquarius(until February 18) and Pisces(February 19 onwards).
- Aquarius (January 21 - February 19) People born under this sign can sometimes leave an impression of being simple minded. However this is actually one of their positive qualities. This quality can result in being honest, loyal and dependable. Some other great attributes of the Aquarius are smarts and a drive towards independence.
Aquarius are compatible with: Aries, Gemini, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius and other Aquarius.
- Pisces (February 20 - March 20) Pisces and Aquarius have some common qualities. Both tend to be honest and like to be low key in social situations. Neither likes to draw attention to themselves. People who are born under the sign of Pisces tend to be generous and passionate towards other people and their own goals.
Pisces are compatible with: Aries, Aquarius, Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn.
February Birth Flowers
- Month of February is associated with St. Valentine's Day and red roses. However, the flower for the month is Violet. The flower symbolises faithfulness, humility and chastity. Gifting violets in the Victorian era conveyed the message: I'll always be true. The birth flower is found in shades of blue, mauve as well as yellow and cream.
- Faithfulness, Wisdom and Hope. Violets convey the meaning that you will always be true. February Birth Flower Violet comes in shades not only of Purple, which is what people commonly think of, but also of White.
Historical Events for February, 2006
- 4th » A PhilSports Arena stampede e.g stampede occurs in the PhilSports Arena called ULTRA Stadium near Manila killing 71.
- 16th » The last Mobile Army Surgical Hospital (MASH) is decommissioned by the United States Army.
- 17th » A 2006 Southern Leyte mudslide known as massive mudslide occurs in Southern Leyte, Philippines; the official death toll is set at 1,126.
- 19th » A methane explosion in a coal mine near Nueva Rosita, Mexico, Pasta de Conchos mine disaster called kills 65 miners.
- 20th » In South Korea the United Liberal Democrats, Political parties in South Korea known as the three top political parties was merged into Saenuri Party named Grand National Party.
- 24th » President of the Philippines or Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo declares Proclamation 1017 placing the country in a 2006 state of emergency in the Philippines e.g state of emergency in attempt to subdue a possible military coup.
Famous Deaths for February 2006
- 1st » Dick Bass, American football player (b. 1937)
- 1st » Bryce Harland, New Zealand diplomat and academic (b. 1931)
- 4th » Betty Friedan, American author and activist (b. 1921)
- 4th » Myron Waldman, American animator (b. 1908)
- 5th » Norma Candal, Puerto Rican actress (b. 1930)
- 5th » Franklin Cover, American actor (b. 1928)
- 7th » Princess Durru Shehvar of the Ottoman empire (b. 1914)
- 8th » Elton Dean, English saxophonist (Soft Machine) (b. 1945)
- 8th » Akira Ifukube, Japanese composer (b. 1914)
- 9th » Nadira (actress) e.g Nadira, Indian actress (b. 1932)
- 9th » Freddie Laker, English businessman, founded Laker Airways (b. 1922)
- 10th » J Dilla, American rapper and producer (Slum Village) (b. 1974)
- 10th » Dick Harmon, American golfer and educator (b. 1947)
- 10th » Beko Ransome-Kuti, Nigerian physician and activist (b. 1940)
- 11th » Peter Benchley, American author (b. 1940)
- 11th » Ken Fletcher, Australian tennis player (b. 1940)
- 11th » Jackie Pallo, English wrestler (b. 1926)
- 11th » Jockey Shabalala, South African singer (Ladysmith Black Mambazo) (b. 1943)
- 13th » Andreas Katsulas, Greek-American actor (b. 1946)
- 13th » P. F. Strawson, English philosopher (b. 1919)
- 14th » Darry Cowl, French actor and singer (b. 1925)
- 14th » Shoshana Damari, Yemeni-Israeli singer and actress (b. 1923)
- 14th » Lynden David Hall, English singer-songwriter and producer (b. 1974)
- 16th » Johnny Grunge, American wrestler (b. 1966)
- 16th » Ernie Stautner, German-American football player and coach (b. 1925)
- 17th » Ray Barretto, American drummer (b. 1929)
- 17th » Bill Cowsill, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Cowsills) (b. 1948)
- 18th » Richard Bright (actor) e.g Richard Bright, American actor (b. 1937)
- 18th » Bill Cowsill, American singer and guitarist (The Cowsills) (b. 1948)
- 22nd » Atwar Bahjat, Iraqi journalist (b. 1976)
- 22nd » Anthony Burger, American pianist and singer (The Kingsmen Quartet) (b. 1961)
- 23rd » Benno Besson, Swiss actor and director (b. 1922)
- 23rd » Telmo Zarraonaindía, Spanish footballer (b. 1921)
- 24th » Octavia E. Butler, American author (b. 1947)
- 24th » Don Knotts, American actor (b. 1924)
- 24th » John Martin (Canadian broadcaster) known as John Martin, Canadian broadcaster, co-founded MuchMusic (b. 1947)
- 24th » Denis C. Twitchett, English historian and scholar (b. 1925)
- 24th » Dennis Weaver, American actor (b. 1924)
- 25th » Thomas Koppel, Danish pianist and composer (The Savage Rose) (b. 1944)
- 25th » Darren McGavin, American actor (b. 1922)
- 25th » Charlie Wayman, English footballer (b. 1922)
- 27th » Otis Chandler, American publisher (b. 1927)
- 27th » Robert Lee Scott, Jr., American general and author (b. 1908)
- 27th » Linda Smith (comedian) called Linda Smith, English comedian and author (b. 1958)
- 28th » Owen Chamberlain, American physicist, Nobel Prize in Physics named Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1920)
- 28th » John S. Lesmeister, American politician (b. 1955)
Year 2006 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of February Star Signs.
Year 2006 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month