Zodiac Signs October 2006 Birthstone
October Birthstones Astrology
- The October Birthstones are the Tourmaline and Opal. Opals symbolizes faithfulness and confidence. The word Opal comes from the Latin opalus, meaning: precious jewel. Necklaces with opals set in them were worn to repel evil and to protect eyesight. Opal is called the traditional birthstone of October. Pink Tourmaline is considered the secondary birthstone for October.
October Zodiac Signs
- Month of October Zodiac Signs are Libra(until October 22) or Scorpio(October 23 onwards).
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) Scorpio by nature like to take action instead of thinking things through in great lengths. They tend to be ambitious, bold, courageous, and self confident. Scorpio have a clear vision for their desires in life. Going after those goals feel liberating to them. Cool headedness helps Scorpio to achieve their desires.
Scorpio are compatible with: Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer and Virgo.
October Birth Flowers
- Birth flower Marigold or Calendula is the flower associated with October. For the Hindus, the month of October is associated with festivals like Dusshera and Diwali and Marigold, an auspicious flower is part of religious ceremonies. However, in the English culture, marigold stands for sorrow and sympathy. The other October flower is cosmo, a symbol of order, peace, and serenity.
- Warm, Fierce, undying love, or one way of saying that you are content with being with the recipient.October Birth Flower Marigold exemplify elegance and devotion.
Historical Events for October, 2006
- 2nd » Five school girls are murdered by Charles Carl Roberts in a Amish school shooting called shooting at an Amish school in Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania before Roberts commits suicide.
- 9th » North Korea allegedly tests 2006 North Korean nuclear test called its first nuclear device.
- 14th » The FIU–Miami football brawl or college football brawl between University of Miami and Florida International University leads to suspensions of 31 players of both teams.
- 16th » 2006 Hawaii earthquake e.g Hawaii earthquake: A magnitude 6.7 earthquake rocks Hawaii, causing property damage, injuries, landslides, power outages, and the closure of Honolulu International Airport.
- 22nd » A Panama Canal expansion proposal is approved by 77.8% of voters in a Panama Canal expansion referendum, 2006 known as National referendum held in Panama.
- 28th » The funeral service takes place for those executed at Bykivnia forest, outside Kiev, Ukraine. 817 Ukrainian civilians (out of some 100,000) executed by Bolsheviks at Bykivnia in 1930s – early 1940s are reburied.
- 28th » A group of ferocious activists of Bangladesh Awami League attacked one of their rival political party meeting in Dhaka with oars and sculls and killed their 14 activists.
Famous Birthdays on October in 2006
- 25th » Krista and Tatiana Hogan, Canadian conjoined twins
Famous Deaths for October 2006
- 1st » Fawaz al-Rabeiee, Saudi Arabian terrorist (b. 1979)
- 1st » Jerald Tanner, American author and activist (b. 1938)
- 1st » André Viger, Canadian wheelchair racer (b. 1952)
- 2nd » Helen Chenoweth-Hage, American politician (b. 1938)
- 2nd » Tamara Dobson, American actress (b. 1947)
- 2nd » Paul Halmos, Hungarian-American mathematician and academic (b. 1916)
- 2nd » Charles Carl Roberts, American murderer (b. 1973)
- 3rd » John Crank, English mathematician and physicist (b. 1916)
- 3rd » Peter Norman, Australian runner (b. 1942)
- 3rd » Alberto Ramento, Filipino bishop (b. 1937)
- 3rd » Lucilla Andrews, British writer (b. 1919)
- 4th » Tom Bell (actor) known as Tom Bell, English actor (b. 1933)
- 5th » Jennifer Moss (actress) named Jennifer Moss, English-Scottish actress (b. 1945)
- 5th » Antonio Peña, Mexican wrestling promoter, founded Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (b. 1953)
- 5th » George Zervanos, Greek operatic tenor (b. 1930)
- 6th » Bertha Brouwer, Dutch sprinter (b. 1930)
- 6th » Eduardo Mignogna, Argentinian director and screenwriter (b. 1940)
- 6th » Wilson Tucker, American author (b. 1914)
- 7th » Julen Goikoetxea, Spanish cyclist (b. 1985)
- 7th » Anna Politkovskaya, American-Russian journalist and activist (b. 1958)
- 8th » Mark Porter (driver) called Mark Porter, New Zealand race car driver (b. 1974)
- 9th » Paul Hunter, English snooker player (b. 1978)
- 9th » Ray Noorda, American businessman (b. 1924)
- 9th » Kanshi Ram, Indian politician (b. 1934)
- 10th » Michael John Rogers, English ornithologist (b. 1932)
- 10th » Ian Scott (Ontario politician) called Ian Scott, Canadian lawyer and politician (b. 1934)
- 11th » Cory Lidle, American baseball player (b. 1972)
- 12th » Gillo Pontecorvo, Italian director and screenwriter (b. 1919)
- 13th » Wang Guangmei, Chinese wife of Liu Shaoqi (b. 1921)
- 14th » Jared Anderson (heavy metal musician) or Jared Anderson, American bass player (Morbid Angel and Hate Eternal) (b. 1975)
- 14th » Chun Wei Cheung, Dutch rower (b. 1972)
- 14th » Freddy Fender, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Texas Tornados and Los Super Seven) (b. 1937)
- 14th » Maurice Grosse, English paranormal investigator (b. 1919)
- 14th » Nancy Lynn, American pilot (b. 1956)
- 14th » Klaas Runia, Dutch theologian and journalist (b. 1926)
- 14th » Gerry Studds, American politician (b. 1937)
- 14th » Herbert B. Leonard, American producer (b. 1922)
- 17th » Daniel Emilfork, Chilean-French actor (b. 1924)
- 17th » Christopher Glenn, American journalist (b. 1938)
- 18th » Mario Francesco Pompedda, Italian cardinal (b. 1929)
- 18th » Anna Russell, English-Canadian singer and actress (b. 1911)
- 18th » Laurie Taitt, British sprint hurdler (b. 1934)
- 19th » James Glennon, American cinematographer (b. 1942)
- 20th » Arnold Viiding, Estonian shot putter and discus thrower (b. 1911)
- 20th » Jane Wyatt, American actress and singer (b. 1910)
- 21st » Sandy West, American singer-songwriter and drummer (The Runaways) (b. 1959)
- 22nd » Arthur Hill (actor) known as Arthur Hill, Canadian-American actor (b. 1922)
- 23rd » Lebo Mathosa, South African singer (Boom Shaka) (b. 1977)
- 24th » Enolia McMillan, American educator and activist (b. 1904)
- 24th » William Montgomery Watt, Scottish historian and scholar (b. 1909)
- 25th » Danny Rolling, American serial killer (b. 1954)
- 26th » Tillman Franks, American bassist and songwriter (b. 1920)
- 26th » Pontus Hultén, Swedish art collector and museum director (b. 1924)
- 27th » Jozsef Gregor, Hungarian opera singer (b. 1940)
- 27th » Reko Lundán, Finnish journalist and author (b. 1969)
- 27th » Marlin McKeever, American football player (b. 1940)
- 27th » Joe Niekro, American baseball player (b. 1944)
- 27th » Brad Will, American journalist and activist (b. 1970)
- 28th » Red Auerbach, American basketball player and coach (b. 1917)
- 28th » Tina Aumont, American actress (b. 1946)
- 28th » Trevor Berbick, Jamaican-Canadian boxer (b. 1955)
- 28th » Marijohn Wilkin, American songwriter (b. 1920)
- 29th » Muhammadu Maccido, Nigerian sultan (b. 1928)
- 30th » Clifford Geertz, American anthropologist (b. 1926)
- 30th » Junji Kinoshita, Japanese playwright and scholar (b. 1914)
- 31st » P. W. Botha, South African politician, State President of South Africa (b. 1916)
- 31st » Peter Fryer, English journalist (b. 1927)
- 31st » Amrita Pritam, Pakistani-Indian author and poet (b. 1919)
Year 2006 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of October Star Signs.
Year 2006 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month