What Happened On 13th May 1779 In History
May 13th (1779) was a Thursday. It's the 133rd day of the year (134th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 232 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 13th May, 1779
- » War of Bavarian Succession: Russian and French mediators at the Congress of Teschen negotiate an end to the war. In the agreement Austria receives the part of its territory that was taken from it (the Innviertel).
May 13th Holidays in History
- » Abbotsbury Garland Day (Dorset, England)
- » Christian Calendar of saints e.g Feast Day:
- » Our Lady of Fatima
- » Gerard of Villamagna
- » Saint Glyceria known as Glyceria
- » John the Silent (Roman Catholic)
- » Julian of Norwich (Roman Catholic)
- » Frances Perkins (Episcopal Church (USA)
- » Saint Servatius e.g Servatius
- » May 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Year 1779 historical events for the month of May