What Happened On 28th September 1779 In History
September 28th (1779) was a Tuesday. It's the 270th day of the year (271st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 95 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 28th September, 1779
- » American Revolution: Samuel Huntington (statesman) or Samuel Huntington is elected President of the Continental Congress, succeeding John Jay.
September 28th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Aaron of Auxerre
- » Annemund
- » Conval
- » Eustochium
- » Exuperius
- » Faustus of Riez
- » Leoba
- » Lorenzo Ruiz
- » Paternus of Auch
- » Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia called Wenceslas
- » Richard Rolle, Walter Hilton and Margery Kempe (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- » International Right to Know Day
- » Public holidays in the Czech Republic named Czech Statehood Day (Czech Republic)
- » Child pornography known as National Day of Awareness and Unity against Child Pornography (Philippines)
- » World Heart Federation known as World Heart Day (World Heart Federation)
- » World Rabies Day (International observance called International)
- » Ask a Stupid Question Day (United States)