What Happened On 5th March 1811 In History
March 5th (1811) was a Tuesday. It's the 64th day of the year (65th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 301 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 5th March, 1811
- » Peninsular War: A French force under the command of Claude Victor-Perrin, Duc de Belluno named Marshal Victor is routed while trying to prevent an Anglo-Spanish-Portuguese army from lifting the Siege of Cádiz in the Battle of Barrosa.
March 5th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » John Joseph of the Cross
- » Ciarán of Saigir (Irish calendar)
- » Theophilus, bishop of Caesarea
- » Thietmar of Minden
- » March 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Lei Feng called Learn from Lei Feng Day (China)
- » Arbor day Iran named National Tree Planting Day (Iran)
Year 1811 historical events for the month of March