What Happened On 4th September 1882 In History
September 4th (1882) was a Monday. It's the 246th day of the year (247th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 4th September, 1882
- » Thomas Edison flips the switch to the first commercial electrical power plant in history, lighting one square mile of lower Manhattan. This is considered by many as the day that began the electrical age.
September 4th Holidays in History
- » Christian feast day:
- » Blessed Catherine of Racconigi
- » Moses and Aaron (Lutheranism or Lutheran Church and Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Saint Rosalia named Rosalia
- » Rose of Viterbo
- » Ultan of Ardbraccan
- » September 4 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Paul Jones (bishop) (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » Newspaper Carrier Day (United States)