What Happened On 9th December 1888 In History
December 9th (1888) was a Sunday. It's the 343rd day of the year (344th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 9th December, 1888
- » Statistician Herman Hollerith installs his computing device at the United States War Department.
December 9th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Feast of the Immaculate Conception Eastern Orthodoxy or Feast of the Conception of the Most Holy Theotokos by St. Anne (Orthodox Church)
- » Juan Diego
- » Leocadia
- » Nectarius of Auvergne
- » Peter Fourier
- » December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Independence Day, celebrate the independence of Tanganyika from United Kingdom e.g Britain in 1961. (Tanzania)
- » International Anti-Corruption Day (International observance known as International)
- » Public holidays in Antigua and Barbuda known as National Heroes Day, formerly V.C. Bird Day. (Antigua and Barbuda)