What Happened On 1st September 1953 In History
September 1st (1953) was a Tuesday. It's the 243rd day of the year (244th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 122 days left to the end of the year.
Famous Birthdays on September 1 in 1953
- » Beau Billingslea, American actor
- » Joseph Williams (musician) or Joseph Williams, American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Toto (band) called Toto)
- » Don Blackman, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and producer (d. 2013)
- » Rocco Rock, American wrestler (d. 2002)
September 1st Holidays in History
- » List of holidays by country Eritrea known as Anniversary of the Start of the Armed Struggle (Eritrea)
- » Beginning of Amerindian Heritage Month (Guyana) named Amerindian Heritage Month (Guyana)
- » Christian feast day:
- » Saint Giles e.g Giles
- » The beginning of the Liturgical year Eastern Orthodox Church or new liturgical year (Eastern Orthodox Church and the Eastern Catholic Church)
- » September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Constitution Day (Slovakia)
- » 1923 Great Kantō earthquake or Disaster Prevention Day (Japan)
- » Earliest day on which Labor Day can fall, while September 7 is the latest; celebrated on the first Monday in September. (United States, Canada, Palau)
- » First day of school in many countries in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- » Flag Day (Honduras)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Uzbekistan from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- » Journalist Day (Republic of China)
- » Knowledge Day (Russia)
- » Random Acts of Kindness Day (New Zealand)