What Happened On 15th September 1953 In History
September 15th (1953) was a Tuesday. It's the 257th day of the year (258th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 108 days left to the end of the year.
September 15th Holidays in History
- » Battle of Britain Battle of Britain Day or Battle of Britain Day (United Kingdom)
- » Christian Calendar of saints called feast day:
- » Catherine of Genoa
- » James Chisholm (priest) known as James Chisholm (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » Joseph Abibos
- » Saint Nicomedes known as Nicomedes
- » Our Lady of Sorrows
- » September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- » "Public holidays in Mexico e.g Cry of Dolores" or 'Grito de Dolores', celebrated on the eve of the Mexican War of Independence known as Independence Day (Mexico).
- » Earliest day on which German-American Steuben Parade can fall, while September 21 is the latest; celebrated on the third Saturday in September. (United States, especially New York City)
- » Earliest day on which National POW/MIA Recognition Day called POW/MIA Recognition Day can fall, while September 21 is the latest; celebrated on the third Friday in September. (United States)
- » Earliest day on which 'Prinsjesdag' can fall, while September 21 is the latest; celebrated on the third Tuesday in September. (Netherlands)
- » Earliest day on which Respect for the Aged Day can fall, while September 21 is the latest; celebrated on the third Monday in September. (Japan)
- » Free Money Day
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Guatemala (a Días Patrios (Guatemala) e.g Patriotic Day), El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica from Spain in 1821.
- » International Day of Democracy (International observance named International)
- » Public holidays in Azerbaijan Other observances called Knowledge Day (Azerbaijan)
- » Public holidays in Slovenia known as Restoration of Primorska to the Motherland Day (Slovenia)
- » Silpa Bhirasri or Silpa Bhirasri Day (Thailand).
- » The beginning of National Hispanic Heritage Month, celebrated until October 15 (United States)