What Happened On 7th September 1953 In History
September 7th (1953) was a Monday. It's the 249th day of the year (250th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 116 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 7th September, 1953
- » Nikita Khrushchev is elected General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union named first secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- » Mohammad Daoud Khan becomes Premier of Afghanistan.
- » Garfield Todd becomes Prime Minister of Southern Rhodesia.
Famous Birthdays on September 7 in 1953
- » Michael Byron (composer) known as Michael Byron, American composer
- » Marc Hunter, New Zealand singer-songwriter (Dragon (band) known as Dragon and The Party Boys) (d. 1998)
- » Benmont Tench, American keyboard player (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Mudcrutch)
September 7th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints e.g feast day:
- » Anastasius the Fuller
- » Clodoald
- » Gratus of Aosta
- » Regina (martyr) e.g Regina
- » September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Earliest day on which National Grandparents Day can fall, while September 13 is the latest; celebrated on the first Sunday after Labor Day. (United States)
- » Independence Day (Brazil) known as Independence day, celebrates the independence of Brazil from Portugal in 1822
- » Thylacine .22Benjamin.22 and searches known as National Threatened Species Day (Australia)
- » Armed Forces Day Pakistan known as Pakistani Air Force Day since 1971. (Public holidays in Pakistan e.g Pakistan)