What Happened On 1st July 1980 In History
July 1st (1980) was a Tuesday. It's the 182nd day of the year (183rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 1st July, 1980
- » "O Canada" officially becomes the national anthem of Canada.
Famous Birthdays on July 1 in 1980
- » Patrick Aufiero, American ice hockey player
- » Nelson Cruz, Dominican baseball player
July 1st Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Aaron (Syriac Christianity)
- » Feast of the Most Precious Blood
- » Junípero Serra named Blessed Fray Junípero Serra
- » Julius and Aaron
- » Leontius of Autun
- » Saint Serf e.g Servanus
- » July 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day, Canada)
- » Earliest day on which St Pauls Carnival can fall, while July 7 is the latest; celebrated on the first Saturday in July. (Bristol)
- » Emancipation Day (Netherlands Antilles)
- » Keti Koti e.g Emancipation Day or 'Keti Koti' (Suriname)
- » Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day e.g Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day (Hong Kong)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Burundi from Belgium in 1962.
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Rwanda from Belgium in 1962.
- » Tartan Day or International Tartan Day (Australia and New Zealand)
- » July Morning tradition (Bulgaria)
- » Madeira Day (Madeira)
- » Newfoundland and Labrador Memorial Day called Memorial Day (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- » Moving Day (Quebec) named Moving Day (Quebec)
- » Republic Day (Ghana)
- » Public holidays in Somalia named Republic Day, celebrates the independence of Somalia from Italy and the unification of British Somaliland and Italian Somaliland to form Somali Republic. (Somalia)
Year 1980 historical events for the month of July