What Happened On 23rd February 1999 In History
February 23rd (1999) was a Tuesday. It's the 51st day of the year (52nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 314 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 23rd February, 1999
- » Kurds called Kurdish rebel leader Abdullah Öcalan is charged with treason in Ankara, Turkey.
- » An avalanche destroys the Austrian village of Galtür, killing 31.
February 23rd Famous Deaths for 1999
- » Carlos Hathcock, American sniper (b. 1942)
- » Rick Wilson (wrestler) known as Rick Wilson, American wrestler (b. 1965)
February 23rd Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Polycarp of Smyrna
- » Serenus the Gardener
- » February 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Mashramani-Republic Day (Guyana)
- » National Day (Brunei)
- » Red Army known as Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy in the former Soviet Union, also held in various former Soviet republics:
- » Defender of the Fatherland Day (Russia)
- » Public holidays in Belarus known as Defender of the Fatherland and Armed Forces day (Belarus)