What Happened On 4th February 1999 In History
February 4th (1999) was a Thursday. It's the 32nd day of the year (33rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 333 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 4th February, 1999
- » Unarmed West African immigrant Amadou Diallo (shooting victim) e.g Amadou Diallo is shot dead by four plainclothes New York City police officers on an unrelated stake-out, inflaming race-relations in the city.
February 4th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Andrew Corsini
- » Gilbert of Sempringham
- » John de Brito
- » Rimbert
- » Saint Veronica or Veronica
- » February 4 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Angola known as Day of the Armed Struggle (Angola)
- » Earliest day on which Ash Wednesday can fall, while March 10 is the latest; celebrated on the first day of Lent (Christianity)
- » Independence Day (Sri Lanka) e.g Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Sri Lanka from the United Kingdom in 1948