What Happened On 1st September 1999 In History
September 1st (1999) was a Wednesday. It's the 243rd day of the year (244th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 122 days left to the end of the year.
September 1st Famous Deaths for 1999
- » W. Richard Stevens, Zambian computer scientist and author (b. 1951)
September 1st Holidays in History
- » List of holidays by country Eritrea known as Anniversary of the Start of the Armed Struggle (Eritrea)
- » Beginning of Amerindian Heritage Month (Guyana) named Amerindian Heritage Month (Guyana)
- » Christian feast day:
- » Saint Giles e.g Giles
- » The beginning of the Liturgical year Eastern Orthodox Church or new liturgical year (Eastern Orthodox Church and the Eastern Catholic Church)
- » September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Constitution Day (Slovakia)
- » 1923 Great Kantō earthquake or Disaster Prevention Day (Japan)
- » Earliest day on which Labor Day can fall, while September 7 is the latest; celebrated on the first Monday in September. (United States, Canada, Palau)
- » First day of school in many countries in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- » Flag Day (Honduras)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Uzbekistan from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- » Journalist Day (Republic of China)
- » Knowledge Day (Russia)
- » Random Acts of Kindness Day (New Zealand)