What Happened On 21st September 1999 In History
September 21st (1999) was a Tuesday. It's the 263rd day of the year (264th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 102 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 21st September, 1999
- » Chi-Chi earthquake occurs in central Taiwan, leaving about 2,400 people dead.
September 21st Holidays in History
- » Autumnal equinox observances in the Northern hemisphere, vernal equinox observances in the Southern hemisphere (see September 22):
- » Arbor Day (Brazil)
- » Spring Day (Argentina)
- » Christian Calendar of saints called Feast Day:
- » Matthew the Evangelist (Western Church)
- » Nativity of the Theotokos (Orthodox Church)
- » September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Armenia or Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Armenia from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- » Public holidays in Belize called Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Belize from the United Kingdom in 1981.
- » Public holidays in Malta called Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Malta from the United Kingdom in 1964.
- » International Day of Peace (International observance named International)