What Happened On 24th September 1999 In History
September 24th (1999) was a Friday. It's the 266th day of the year (267th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 99 days left to the end of the year.
September 24th Holidays in History
- » Christian feast day:
- » Gerard Sagredo
- » Virgin of Mercy e.g Our Lady of Mercy and its related observances:
- » La Mercè (Barcelona)
- » Feast of Our Lady of Ransom known as Our Lady of Ransom
- » Our Lady of Walsingham (Church of England)
- » Pacificus of San Severino
- » Rupert of Salzburg
- » September 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- » Constitution Day (Cambodia)
- » Heritage Day (South Africa).
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Guinea-Bissau from Portugal in 1973.
- » Mahidol Day (Thailand)
- » New Caledonia Day (New Caledonia)
- » Armed Forces Day (Peru)
- » Public holidays in Trinidad and Tobago called Republic Day (Trinidad and Tobago)
- » Start of the indiction year (Late Roman Empire; at least since the time of Bede)