Zodiac Signs August 1960 Birthstone
August Birthstones Astrology
- The August Birthstones are the Peridot and Sardonyx. The peridot symbolizes strength. It is sometimes called the evening emerald for its light green color. It was once believed that the green peridot crystals found in volcanic ashes were the tears of the volcano goddess Pele. When set in gold, this gem was said to protect the wearer from nightmares. Peridot is called the traditional birthstone of August. Sardonyx is considered the secondary birthstone of August.
August Zodiac Signs
- Month of August Zodiac Signs are Leo(until August 22) and Virgo(from August 23 onwards).
- Leo (July 23 - August 21) Like the ruler of the jungle Leos are natural born leaders. Main qualities that make a great leader are being brave and headstrong. However Leos also can be loving and generous. To combine these qualities and finding balance is of great importance to Leos.
Leos are compatible with: other Leo as well as Libra, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Gemini.
- Virgo (August 22 - September 22) People born into the star sign Virgo are perfectionists. Having a goog memorie and great social instincts are big qualities of Virgo. Organization and planning comes very easy to Virgos. This is also the reason why working in teams as a project manager or even a normal team member feels like a great time to them.
Virgo are compatible with: other Virgos as well as Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer.
August Birth Flowers
- Month of August flower is the Gladiolus or Sword Lily. It blooms in a variety of colours like red, pink, white, yellow and orange. This birth flower stands for sincerity and symbolises strength of character. With Gladiolus, the recipient's heart is being pierced with love. The other August flower is the poppy. A red poppy signifies pleasure, a white poppy is given for consolation, and a yellow poppy wishes wealth and success.
- Strength, Moral Integrity, Remembrance and Infatuation. This long lasting August Birth Flower Gladiolus comes in a variety of colours.
Historical Events for August, 1960
- 1st » Dahomey (later renamed Benin) declares independence from France.
- 1st » Islamabad is declared the federal capital of the Government of Pakistan.
- 3rd » Niger gains independence from France.
- 5th » Burkina Faso, then known as Republic of Upper Volta named Upper Volta, becomes independent from France.
- 6th » Cuban Revolution: Cuba nationalizes American and foreign-owned property in the nation.
- 8th » South Kasai secedes from the Republic of the Congo (Léopoldville) known as Congo.
- 11th » Chad declares independence.
- 13th » The Central African Republic declares independence from France.
- 15th » Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville) becomes independent from French Fourth Republic known as France.
- 16th » Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 16th » Joseph Kittinger parachutes from a balloon over New Mexico at convert 102800 ft m, setting three records that held until 2012: High-altitude jump, free fall, and highest speed by a human without an aircraft.
- 17th » Decolonization: Gabon gains independence from France.
- 19th » Cold War: In Moscow, Russia, Soviet Union, downed American Lockheed U-2 known as U-2 aviator e.g pilot Francis Gary Powers is sentenced to ten years imprisonment by the Soviet Union for espionage.
- 19th » List of spacecraft called Sputnik Sputnik program: 'Korabl-Sputnik 2': The Soviet Union launches the satellite with the dogs Soviet space dogs Belka and Strelka Belka and Strelka, 40 mouse mice, two rats and a variety of plants.
- 20th » Senegal breaks from the Mali Federation, declaring its independence.
Famous Birthdays on August in 1960
- 1st » Chuck D, American rapper and producer (Public Enemy (group) or Public Enemy, The Bomb Squad, and Confrontation Camp)
- 1st » Suzi Gardner, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (L7 (band) named L7)
- 1st » Professor Griff, American rapper (Public Enemy (group) called Public Enemy and Confrontation Camp)
- 2nd » Linda Fratianne, American figure skater
- 2nd » David Yow, American singer-songwriter (Scratch Acid, The Jesus Lizard, and Qui (band) named Qui)
- 3rd » Tim Mayotte, American tennis player and coach
- 3rd » Gopal Sharma, Indian cricketer
- 4th » Chuck C. Lopez, American jockey
- 4th » Dean Malenko, American wrestler
- 4th » José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, Spanish politician, 5th Prime Minister of Spain
- 4th » Bernard Rose (director) or Bernard Rose, English director, screenwriter, and cinematographer
- 4th » Tim Winton, Australian author
- 5th » David Baldacci, American lawyer and author
- 5th » Vivian Kubrick, American-English actress and composer
- 5th » Seth Swirsky, American singer-songwriter
- 6th » Dale Ellis, American basketball player
- 7th » David Duchovny, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 8th » Ulrich Maly, German politician, 16th List of mayors of Nuremberg or Mayor of Nuremberg
- 10th » Antonio Banderas, Spanish actor, singer, and producer
- 10th » Annely Ojastu, Estonian sprinter and long jumper
- 10th » Kenny Perry, American golfer
- 12th » Laurent Fignon, French cyclist (d. 2010)
- 12th » Greg Thomas, Welsh-English cricketer
- 12th » Eduardo Tokeshi, Peruvian painter
- 13th » Koji Kondo, Japanese composer
- 13th » Ivar Stukolkin, Estonian swimmer
- 13th » Phil Taylor (darts player) known as Phil Taylor, English darts player
- 14th » Sarah Brightman, English singer-songwriter and actress
- 14th » Sharon Bryant, American singer (Atlantic Starr)
- 14th » Cecilia Gasdia, Italian soprano and actress
- 14th » Stet Howland, American drummer and songwriter (Killing Machine (band) called Killing Machine, W.A.S.P., Blackfoot (band) or Blackfoot, and Impellitteri)
- 14th » Fred Roberts, American basketball player
- 16th » Timothy Hutton, American actor and director
- 16th » Franz Welser-Möst, Austrian-American conductor
- 17th » Stephan Eicher, Swiss singer-songwriter (Grauzone)
- 17th » Sean Penn, American actor and director
- 18th » Mike LaValliere, American baseball player
- 18th » Fat Lever, American basketball player
- 19th » Morten Andersen, American football player
- 19th » Ron Darling, American baseball player and sportscaster
- 22nd » Holger Gehrke, German footballer and manager
- 23rd » Rodney Greenblat, American graphic designer
- 23rd » Gary Hoey, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (Heavy Bones)
- 23rd » Chris Potter (actor) called Chris Potter, Canadian actor, singer, and director
- 24th » Kim Christofte, Danish footballer
- 24th » Takashi Miike, Japanese actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 24th » Cal Ripken, Jr., American baseball player and coach
- 25th » Ashley Crow, American actress
- 25th » Georg Zellhofer, Austrian footballer and manager
- 26th » Wanda De Jesus, American actress
- 26th » Branford Marsalis, American saxophonist, composer, and bandleader (Buckshot LeFonque)
- 26th » Nancy Martinez, Canadian singer
- 26th » Ola Ray, American actress and model
- 27th » Mike Golding, English sailor
- 28th » Dinah Cancer, American singer-songwriter (45 Grave and Dinah Cancer and the Grave Robbers)
- 28th » Emma Samms, English actress
- 29th » Todd English, American chef and author
- 29th » Tony MacAlpine, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer (Planet X (band) Planet X, CAB (band) CAB, Ring of Fire (band) Ring of Fire, and Seven the Hardway)
- 31st » Vali Ionescu, Romanian long jumper
- 31st » Chris Whitley, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2005)
- 31st » Hassan Nasrallah, Lebanese politician, 3rd Secretary-General of Hezbollah
Famous Deaths for August 1960
- 5th » Arthur Meighen, Canadian lawyer and politician, 9th Prime Minister of Canada (b. 1874)
- 7th » Luis Ángel Firpo, Argentinian boxer (b. 1894)
- 22nd » Johannes Sikkar, Estonian politician, Prime Minister of Estonia in exile (b. 1897)
- 22nd » Eduard Pütsep, Estonian wrestler (b. 1898)
- 23rd » Oscar Hammerstein II, American director, producer, and composer (b. 1895)
- 28th » Julius Frey, German swimmer (b. 1881)
- 28th » Edward Hennig, American gymnast (b. 1879)
Year 1960 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of August Star Signs.
Year 1960 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month