What Happened On 10th August 1776 In History
August 10th (1776) was a Saturday. It's the 222nd day of the year (223rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 143 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 10th August, 1776
- » American Revolutionary War: word of the United States Declaration of Independence reaches London.
August 10th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints called Feast Day:
- » Saint Bessus known as Bessus
- » Saint Blane named Blane (Catholic Church called Roman Catholic Church)
- » Geraint of Dumnonia
- » Lawrence of Rome
- » Our Lady of Good Success Parañaque, Philippines or Our Lady of Good Success of Parañaque, Patroness of Parañaque, Philippines
- » August 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Ecuador or Declaration of Independence of Quito, proclaimed independence from Spain on August 10, 1809. Independence finally occurred on May 24, 1822 at the Battle of Pichincha. (Ecuador)
Year 1776 historical events for the month of August