What Happened On 14th February 1778 In History
February 14th (1778) was a Saturday. It's the 42nd day of the year (43rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 323 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 14th February, 1778
- » The United States Flag is formally recognized by a foreign naval vessel for the first time, when French Admiral Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de la Motte renders a nine gun salute to USS Ranger 1777 6, commanded by John Paul Jones.
February 14th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Saints Cyril and Methodius or Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe (Roman Catholic Church)
- » Saint Valentine or Valentine
- » February 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Communist Martyrs Day (Iraqi Communist Party)
- » List of U.S. states by date of statehood named Statehood Day (Arizona)
- » Statehood Day (Oregon)
- » The second day of Lupercalia (Ancient Rome)