What Happened In February 1778 In History
Historical Events for February, 1778
- 5th » South Carolina becomes the second state to ratify the Articles of Confederation.
- 6th » American Revolutionary War: In Paris the Treaty of Alliance (1778) e.g Treaty of Alliance and the Treaty of Amity and Commerce (United States–France) named Treaty of Amity and Commerce are signed by the United States and France signaling official recognit
- 14th » The United States Flag is formally recognized by a foreign naval vessel for the first time, when French Admiral Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de la Motte renders a nine gun salute to USS Ranger 1777 6, commanded by John Paul Jones.
- 23rd » American Revolutionary War: Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben called Baron von Steuben arrives at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania to help to train the Continental Army.
Famous Birthdays on February in 1778
- 4th » A. P. de Candolle, Swiss botanist (d. 1841)
- 6th » Ugo Foscolo, Italian author and poet (d. 1827)
- 22nd » Rembrandt Peale, American painter (d. 1860)
- 25th » José de San Martín, Argentinian general and politician, 1st President of Peru (d. 1850)
Famous Deaths for February 1778
- 18th » Joseph Marie Terray, French politician (b. 1715)
Year 1778 events in history for the month of February
Historical events for the year 1778 by month