What Happened In July 1778 In History
Historical Events for July, 1778
- 3rd » American Revolutionary War: British forces kill 360 people in the Wyoming Valley massacre.
- 4th » American Revolutionary War: American forces under George Rogers Clark named George Clark capture Kaskaskia, Illinois or Kaskaskia during the Illinois campaign.
- 10th » American Revolution: Louis XVI of France declares war on the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 27th » American Revolution: Battle of Ushant (1778) First Battle of Ushant Kingdom of Great Britain British and France French fleets fight to a standoff.
Famous Deaths for July 1778
- 2nd » Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Swiss philosopher and composer (b. 1712)
- 2nd » Bathsheba Spooner, American murderer (b. 1746)
- 3rd » Anna Maria Mozart, Austrian wife of Leopold Mozart (b. 1720)
Year 1778 events in history for the month of July
Historical events for the year 1778 by month