What Happened In September 1778 In History
Historical Events for September, 1778
- 17th » The Treaty of Fort Pitt (1778) e.g Treaty of Fort Pitt is signed. It is the first formal treaty between the United States and a Native Americans in the United States named Native American tribe (the Lenape or Delaware Indians).
- 19th » The Continental Congress passes the first United States federal budget.
Famous Birthdays on September in 1778
- 2nd » Louis Bonaparte, French-Dutch king (d. 1846)
- 9th » Clemens Brentano, German poet and author (d. 1842)
- 19th » Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux, Scottish lawyer and politician, Lord Chancellor (d. 1868)
- 20th » Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, Russian admiral, cartographer, and explorer (d. 1852)
- 23rd » Mariano Moreno, Argentinian journalist, lawyer, and politician (d. 1811)
Year 1778 events in history for the month of September
Historical events for the year 1778 by month