What Happened On 27th July 1778 In History
July 27th (1778) was a Monday. It's the 208th day of the year (209th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 157 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 27th July, 1778
- » American Revolution: Battle of Ushant (1778) First Battle of Ushant Kingdom of Great Britain British and France French fleets fight to a standoff.
July 27th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints known as Feast Day:
- » Aurelius and Natalia and companions of the Martyrs of Córdoba.
- » Saint Pantaleon named Pantaleon
- » Seven Sleepers or Seven Sleepers of Ephesus (Roman Martyrology)
- » July 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in the Philippines Other Holidays declared in the Philippines named Iglesia Ni Cristo Day (Philippines called the Philippines)
- » Public holidays in Puerto Rico e.g José Celso Barbosa Day (Puerto Rico)
- » Public holidays in Vietnam called Martyrs and Wounded Soldiers Day (Vietnam)
- » National Sleepy Head Day (Finland)
Year 1778 historical events for the month of July