What Happened On 20th April 1809 In History
April 20th (1809) was a Thursday. It's the 109th day of the year (110th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 256 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 20th April, 1809
- » Two Austrian army corps in Bavaria are defeated by a First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France at the Battle of Abensberg on the second day of a four-day campaign that ended in a French victory.
April 20th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Agnes of Montepulciano
- » Johannes Bugenhagen (Lutheran)
- » Oda of Brabant named Blessed Oda of Brabant
- » Theotimos
- » April 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » UN Chinese Language Day (United Nations)
Year 1809 historical events for the month of April