What Happened In April 1809 In History
Historical Events for April, 1809
- 10th » Napoleonic Wars: The War of the Fifth Coalition begins when forces of the Austrian Empire invade Bavaria.
- 11th » Battle of the Basque Roads Naval battle fought between France and the United Kingdom
- 19th » An Austrian corps is defeated by the forces of the Duchy of Warsaw in the Battle of Raszyn (1809) or Battle of Raszyn, part of the struggles of the Fifth Coalition. On the same day the Austrian main army is defeated by a First French Empire Corps led by L
- 20th » Two Austrian army corps in Bavaria are defeated by a First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France at the Battle of Abensberg on the second day of a four-day campaign that ended in a French victory.
- 21st » Two Austrian army corps are driven from Landshut by a First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France as two French corps to the north hold off the main Austrian army on the first day of the Battle of Eckmühl.
- 22nd » The second day of the Battle of Eckmühl: the Austrian Empire named Austrian army is defeated by the First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France and driven over the Danube in Regensburg.
Famous Birthdays on April in 1809
- 15th » Hermann Grassmann, German linguist and mathematician (d. 1877)
Year 1809 events in history for the month of April
Historical events for the year 1809 by month