What Happened On 22nd April 1809 In History
April 22nd (1809) was a Saturday. It's the 111th day of the year (112th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 254 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 22nd April, 1809
- » The second day of the Battle of Eckmühl: the Austrian Empire named Austrian army is defeated by the First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France and driven over the Danube in Regensburg.
April 22nd Holidays in History
- » Christian feast day:
- » Acepsimas of Hnaita and companions (Catholic Church)
- » Epipodius and Alexander
- » John Muir (Episcopal Church (United States) known as Episcopal Church)
- » Hudson Stuck (Episcopal Church (United States) named Episcopal Church)
- » April 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Discovery Day (Brazil)
- » Earth Day and its related observances:
Year 1809 historical events for the month of April