What Happened On 6th June 1882 In History
June 6th (1882) was a Tuesday. It's the 156th day of the year (157th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 209 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 6th June, 1882
- » More than 100,000 inhabitants of Bombay are killed when a cyclone in the Arabian Sea pushes huge waves into the harbour.
- » The Shewan forces of Menelik II of Ethiopia defeat the Gojjame army in the Battle of Embabo. The Shewans capture Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam, and their victory leads to a Shewan hegemony over the territories south of the Abay River.
June 6th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Claudius of Besançon e.g Claude the Thaumaturge
- » Marcellin Champagnat
- » Norbert of Xanten
- » Ini Kopuria (Church of England, Episcopal Church (USA) e.g Episcopal Church)
- » June 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Memorial Day (South Korea)
- » National Day of Sweden (Sweden)
- » Normandy landings of the Allied Expeditionary Forces (D-Day), aka Operation Neptune, part of Operation Overlord (1944)
- » Queensland Day (Queensland)
Year 1882 historical events for the month of June