What Happened On 25th November 1999 In History
November 25th (1999) was a Thursday. It's the 328th day of the year (329th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 25th November, 1999
- » The United Nations establishes the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women to commemorate the murder of three Mirabal sisters for resistance against the Rafael Trujillo dictatorship in the Dominican Republic.
November 25th Famous Deaths for 1999
- » Valentín Campa, Mexican union leader and politician (b. 1904)
November 25th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of Saints e.g Feast Day:
- » Catherine of Alexandria
- » Elizabeth of Reute
- » Catherine Labouré
- » James Otis Sargent Huntington (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » Isaac Watts (Lutheran)
- » November 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Evacuation Day (New York) e.g Evacuation Day (19th century New York City)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Suriname from the Netherlands in 1975.
- » International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (International observance called International)
- » Public holidays in Bosnia and Herzegovina or National Day (Bosnia and Herzegovina)